55ft Narrowboat for Sale , Built 2004
Description & Specification
• Built 2004
• Engine: Vintage Ruston Hornsby 33hp diesel engine in own engine room with Parsons gearbox.
• Quality 10/6/5/4 steelwork by Dual Duel including tug deck with storage locker, side doors opposite the galley and either side the engine room.
• Fit-out in pine tongue and groove and painted ply with traditional Boatman’s cabin to the rear offering 2+2 berth accommodation. Open storage below the tug deck. The flooring is carpet in the saloon and varnished solid oak planks to the galley, corridor and Boatman’s cabin. The bathroom has wood effect laminate.
• Saloon area with fitted sofa that converts to a double berth. Fitted cupboards and shelves. Lockgate diesel stove. Steps out onto tug deck. New carpet to the floor.
• Walk-through galley area, with lots of built in storage, fitted Country Leisure gas oven and grill, separate gas Spinflo hob, and Belfast sink with solid wood worktops, tiled splash backs and side doors. Traditional painted cupboards.
• Cabin bathroom with 4ft bath with mixer shower over and shower curtain, wall mounted sink and new (unused) Thetford Porta-Potti toilet.
• Engine room, housing engine and all other working parts of the boat with side doors either side. Pigeon box.
• Boatman’s cabin with drop down double, Epping solid fuel range, table cupboard, ticket boxes, etc. Traditionally painted in a scumble effect and with roses and castles.
• Specification includes above plus: 12v/240v, shoreline, Mastervolt Mas Smart Sine 500w inverter, and 3 x 110 amp/hr leisure batteries (recently renewed) Horn and headlamp. Heating via Epping solid fuel Boatman’s range and the diesel Lockgate stove in the saloon with back-boiler heating one radiator. Water heated by engine heat exchanger and immersion heater.
Bucyrus is a desirable Tug, with traditional Boatman’s cabin and sofa bed sleeping 4 people. She has a vintage Ruston Hornsby engine in its own engine room. This boat has been subject to a series of improvements by the current owner and due to be docked for blacking before sale. The exterior paintwork is in need of some refurbishment and this is reflected in the asking price.
The new and used narrow boat specialists
Boatfinder Brokerage is a leading broker specialising in selling canal and river boats from home moorings as well as marinas, anywhere in the UK. Our service will help you to buy and sell narrow boats as well as wide beam boats, Dutch barges, river barges and houseboats