42ft Narrowboat for Sale , Built 1999
Description & Specification
• Engine: Vetus 33hp marine diesel engine with an Technodive TMC 40M gearbox.
• Quality 10:6:4mm steelwork by R&D Fabrications with a trad stern, with extra wide hatch. There is a cratch and cover to the front.
• High quality professional fit-out by R&D fabrications giving 2+2 berth accommodation in oak faced ply and solid trims to the cabin sides, hull sides, and ceiling. The flooring is carpet throughout, apart from the bathroom which has cork tiles.
• Forward saloon features two fixed, facing sofas that convert to a double berth. There are Desmo sockets to allow the use of three different sized tables with the sofas, to make a dinette area. Two free standing easy chairs, shelf and a 12v flat screen TV with built in DVD player.
• Walk through galley featuring solid wood cabinets and doors, laminate worktops and an inset stainless steel sink with drainer. There is a filtered water system. Built in Thetford Midi Prima gas oven, grill and separate Thetford gas hob. 12v Inlander fridge with icebox. Wood lined steel side doors.
• Mid cabin bedroom with a 4ft double bed with storage below. Over-bed cupboard and shelves. Full height wardrobe to the corridor next to the bathroom.
• Cabin bathroom featuring a mixer shower with curtain and corner vanity unit with inset basin and storage below. Porta Potti style toilet with spare cassette.
• Rear trad area housing the engine and the electrical hardware for the boat.
• Specification includes above plus: 12v/240v, shoreline, 4 x 110ah leisure batteries (replaced in 2017). 1600W Victron inverter/charger. Horn, headlamp and navigation lights. Central heating by Webasto diesel central heating via 3 radiators The water is heated by the engine heat exchanger and the boiler. Stainless steel water tank.
Serenity is a two owner trad stern narrowboat built by respected builder R&D Fabrications in 1999. The exterior paintwork was repainted in 2008 by Middlewich Canal Centre and she was last docked for blacking in July 2016 (when she also had new anodes). She has also had a new Vetus engine fitted in 2008, as well as a new inverter. As such, she represents an excellent opportunity to acquire a good value, well cared for starter boat. Moorings are available by separate negotiation.
The new and used narrow boat specialists
Boatfinder Brokerage is a leading broker specialising in selling canal and river boats from home moorings as well as marinas, anywhere in the UK. Our service will help you to buy and sell narrow boats as well as wide beam boats, Dutch barges, river barges and houseboats