58ft Narrowboat for Sale , Built 1936
Description & Specification
Baildon is a converted Town Class working boat originally constructed in 1936 by Harland & Wolff as a butty carrying cargo for the Grand Union Canal Company.Baildon was taken out of service and sold into private use.Converted to a 58ft 6in traditional style narrowboat with a boatman’s cabin and engine room in 1972.Originally fitted with a Seffle Semi-Diesel engine during the conversion this was replaced around 1990 for the classic Russell Newbury DM2 that was built in the original factory in 1989 just for Baildon and would be one of the last manufactured under these circumstances.
4 berth - fixed double in cabin plus convertible in Boatman's cabin. Solid fuel stove. Cassette toilet. BSC to 02/2022.
Lying High Line Yachting, Iver
For more information please contact us on 01753 652502